Sunday, June 20, 2010

What Your Toon Really Means

So this morning I started to prepare for the move to Barthilas. I was writing down the names of my friends list and sending over any mementos and items that I would need on the new server.
That's when it finally hit me, the realisation of what I was about to do. All these memories that had been forged on this server were being left behind. No more would I be able to talk to these friends of years whenever they came online(until Real ID), no longer would I be a mail away from sharing something with all my toons.

Probably the closest I can come to describing it is that it's like moving house. You called it home for so long, got used to the way it felt and built memories there. If you have ever moved servers you know what this feels like, if not then try to imagine how you would feel to leave it all behind.

Its not all bad news, while I will hurt to leave the past and all my alts behind I know that the new server will eventually build these anew. New friends, new alts and most importantly new memories with the guildies that I love and get along with.
This time next week I should be posting about the wonders of these new memories are we start again and work towards a better, happier, more mature and more progressed guild.


Goodbye Dath'Remar I will miss you.

No comments: